Our clients are looking for a full stack web developer to join their team on-site.
We connect young people with volunteering opportunities in the UK, track their progress and help them understand the skills they gain.
They're entering an exciting new phase of expansion of their digital service(s) and need help to evolve and scale their existing web platforms.
This role is an opportunity to help shape how their in house team grows, operates and continuously improves.
What you’ll be doing:
- Programming software applications using web-based technologies
- Assisting with the creation of a solid web based development capability in-house
- Continuously improving development processes
- Taking ownership of an existing Ruby on Rails production code base and evolving / refactoring it towards current best practices
- Owning and iterating the deployment pipeline and processes for the production environments
- Liaising with both technical & non-technical stakeholders
Our clients are looking for someone who cares about delivering a great user experience to end users and has the following covered:
- Experience designing, implementing and releasing scalable web applications and APIs
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of agile development practices and experience working in agile/lean environments
- Experience with Automated Testing
- An appreciation of Responsive Design
- An understanding of good database design principles and performance optimization
- Experience deploying to cloud based infrastructure, for example AWS and Heroku
- An understanding of DevOps practices
They offer a great employed package, with salary to £60K
If you feel you have the relevant experience and want to know more, then please apply now to Steve James, Goldstone Laine.