Location: Nr Bournemouth
Salary: to £40k
My client is now looking for an experienced Retail Buyer to join their H/O team based near Bournemouth.
Previous retail buying experience is a must (this is not a general Buyers role!) and you must have experience of SKU’s, ranges and pricing.
- To ensure you manage your direct report to deliver on agreed KPI’s through demonstrating the required leadership behaviours associated with the role
- Provide coaching and guidance on a daily basis to your team member
- Deliver activities across your own specific buying areas to ensure delivery of sales and margin growth and product development targets are met
- Demonstrate an ability to work cross functionally with particular focus on Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Ops and Supply Chain
- Provide support to the Senior Buyer on a day to day basis and represent the buying team to the wider business when appropriate
For you, that means an almost endless supply of variety and plenty of scope to use your imagination and creativity.
You’ll be sourcing and managing existing ranges, as well as researching and developing new ranges that are aligned with our overall corporate strategy and support the development of the brand.
My client will also ensure you’re fully involved with setting retail prices and look to you to manage suppliers, always searching for fresh opportunities for promotions and incentives.
A proven background as a Buyer in a retail setting will be essential. This will be matched with strong supplier management and negotiation skills, sound commercial acumen and experience of handling a large number of SKU’s. You’ll also be flexible with regard to your working hours and be willing to occasionally travel to trade fairs around Europe.
NB :YOU MUST DRIVE AND HAVE A CAR FOR THIS ROLE