Business Analyst - new FinTech
Moment is a new FinTech company, created as a joint venture between one of the UK’s leading estate agency and mortgage intermediaries and Blenheim Chalcot (BC), the UK’s leading venture builder. Founded in 1998, Blenheim Chalcot specialises in building digital businesses that transform industries. It’s portfolio of companies has sales of over £300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of building over 40 companies across IT services and outsourcing, education, financial services, software, sport and media.
Our aim is to become the leading digital mortgage and protection intermediary, starting with remortgage customers and extended to service all mortgage types. We believe Moment will be able to win in this increasingly competitive market due to the very valuable and complementary assets that are brought by the two partners.
Moment also has the luxury of having a clear strategy from the discovery phase, secure funding from the commitments of the partners and the opportunity to start from a blank sheet and build a world class team drawing from the best talent within CW and BC, and outside.
Our mission is to be the market leading, digital-first mortgage brokerage platform. We want to help our customer to get the mortgage they deserve, forever. Through smart use of technology, an intuitive platform and absolute transparency, we will support consumers in their search for the most appropriate mortgage deal for them.
- Makes complex processes simple
- Metrics orientated, uses data and analytics to drive in-depth user journey analysis
- Owns translating analysis into design and iteration
- Designs customer centric user journeys that are easy to navigate and drive conversion
- Works with the rest of the product team to A/B test and learn, to optimise the user experience
- Designs branching and detailed back office casework workflow
- Works with our developers to build workflow and processes into our platform
- Works with our operational team to understand omni-channel metrics to drive improvements in workflow design
- An eye for detail, owning the SLA’s, thresholds and decision tree’s within the workflow that make our business work brilliantly
- Quickly and robustly documents business requirements, i.e. specification documentation, user stories, business rules
- Owns the product changes from the start to the end, including:
- definition of requirements and acceptance criteria
- conduct of business testing of the changes against the criteria
- planning and execution of change roll-out
- Analysis of available data, identification of data gaps and definition of new data to support new solutions.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A passion for user journey design, to make something that both our customers and our operators love to use
- Able to explain complicated concepts to a diverse audience
- A passion for software products
- Strong capabilities in using digital technology and tools, including Google analytics, heat maps and on page journey tracking analysis
- 3+ years experience in business analysis, and process and workflow design
- Experience translating design into software
- A whiz at Visio, Lucid chart and other business process mapping tools
- Experience in working with telephony metrics and KPI’s to drive process improvement (desirable but not essential)
- Experience working in an Agile environment (desirable but not essential)
- Enjoys working in a small and growing team
A career at a Blenheim Chalcot isn’t like any other career. You’ll be joining a network of people working together to make a difference in their industries. Venture building is challenging: it’s fast-paced, fluid and there’s nowhere to hide. So we expect a lot from our people. In return we give them the opportunity to make a real impact and take a leading role in growing our ventures. We’re proud of the community of brilliant people we’re building; we believe it’s our strongest asset. If you want to be part of it and are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative - we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do - if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Our London team is located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation-focused, high-growth companies - all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over £300M.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package (private healthcare, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and other flexible benefits such as Perkbox, contribution to gym membership).