On-Site Technical Engineer (2nd Line)
The position of 2nd Line Technical Engineer covers for internal and client support services
including deployment of agreed internal, client visits and carrying out client projects. Whilst
representing the company remembering at all times high standard of customer service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Follow department processes, procedures and policies.
- Working with line manager to aid, implement projects and ensure projects are deployed in timely
- manner as per project schedules.
- Dealing with more complex calls and remote access issues through helpdesk and on client site.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance (remotely or on-site) on clients IT systems and prepare
- required documentations.
- Carry out IT Systems Assessments & Audits of existing and potential client sites.
- Supporting helpdesk and on-site engineers with answering & resolving calls.
- Maintaining a log of software and hardware issues from clients.
- Ensuring client documentation is kept up to date and records.
- Building rapport with clients.
- Answering and logging helpdesk calls relating to 1st & 2nd line calls.
- To carry out any other duties that is within the Employee’s skills and abilities whenever
- reasonably instructed.
Solution Development & Delivery
Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
Easily recognises system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
Technical Effort Management
Create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Manage technical resources for projects.
Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Keeps technical team well informed of changes within client systems and infrastructure.
- Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
Manage projects technical team by ensuring that tasks are in line with company’s policies/processes.
Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change at client sites.
Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practice.
Facilitate effective team interaction.
Acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions.
Effectively utilises each team member to his/her fullest potential.
Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.