Network and Support Engineer
DAI is looking for a Network and Support Engineer to work as part of their busy IT Team. The position will be based within DAI Europe; recently relocated to spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
DAI is an international development company working, for more than 45 years, on the frontlines of international development and tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We would like to hear from you if you have an interest in international development; you are a team player with good communication skills; proactive in solving IT issues and excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
Main purpose of the role:
The role will provide 1st and 2nd line support to DAI in the Apsley and Brussels offices. You will be providing support to around 150 staff, guests and remote users, working to resolve incidents and requests quickly and effectively, and escalating incidents to IT Network Operations’ team members when required.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting issues with workstations, printers, IP phones, client applications and A/V equipment;
- Logging account requests to DAI’s Service Desk;
- Responding to incidents raised in DAI’s Service Desk within the SLA;
- Ensuring request procedures are followed by users and OIMT team members;
- Proactively communicating issues to users and team members;
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of client devices (laptops/desktops/smartphone) and corporate applications (including Windows, IOS, MS Office Suite, Office 365, IBM Notes, Kaspersky AV);
- Maintenance and administration of IT equipment (client computers, printers, projectors, video conferencing equipment, IP phones);
- Maintenance and monitoring of server room;
- Providing assistance to DAI’s System Administrators in the:
- Installation and maintenance of LAN (cabling, switches);
- Installation and maintenance of WAN and VPN connectivity (Internet connection and services, leased line, ISDN and dial-up connection and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Evaluation of IT requirements for office users.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Information Technology or related fields;
- PC and Server support experience;
- Knowledge of Windows Server & Windows Client operating systems;
- Knowledge of Windows network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, Print and file sharing;
- Experience on IBM Notes client installation and support;
- Knowledge of backup and restore services;
- Physical and logical LAN and WAN infrastructure principles;
- Communication equipment and VPN services.
Salary circa £30,000 commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th May 2017. Interviews for selected candidates will take place progressively.