IT Support Engineer
I am recruiting on behalf of a global technology leader who are in search of a IT Technical Support Engineer required to assist in the management, monitoring and maintenance of customer IT systems and networks. You will be required to facilitate and assist in the diagnosis of issues in conjunction with the extended Help Desk and Network Operations Centre to solve customer technical problems. The role will span several areas of expertise including server operating systems, virtualisation, AD, WAN, LAN, network and systems security, hardware and common software. It will also include tasks such as on-boarding new customers, managing support tickets, and conducting network audits.
- Following ITIL best practice to provide high quality service and support to customers to maintain the smooth running of their IT systems.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone
- To help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults in conjunction with the extended Help Desk teams
- Supporting the roll-out of new hardware and applications
- Working to SLAs
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- IT related HND or degree.
- 3+ years' experience in IT Support
- Any existing Microsoft/Cisco certification would be an advantage (training will be provided)
- The ability to think logically and manage multiple priorities
- A strong understanding of Microsoft technologies and networking principles
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- The ability to interact confidently with clients and demonstrate a strong customer focus
- The ability to work well in a team but also to be self-motivated
- Solid problem solving skills
- An attention to detail.
A combination of on-the-job learning and training courses will be provided to ensure skills are kept up to date with current technologies and service portfolio.
Mon - Fri 9am to 5.30pm
Due to the nature of the work, you may be expected to be on call and it may be necessary to work extra hours to finish a job.
If you are looking for a new challenge and have at least 3 years of experience in this field then APPLY NOW!