QA Test Engineer
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Take ownership for the testing of new and existing software and hardware upgrades to support the delivery of quality IT Solutions. Using test design techniques deconstruct complex functional requirements and technical specifications into detailed test conditions, actively ensuring that all testing activities are undertaken in line with the standards and policies, including the supporting and mentoring of Test Engineers / Trainee Test Engineers.
Keeping abreast of testing practices, technologies and processes this key individual ensures testing practices support the strategic goals within IT Quality Engineering.
- Strong Software Testing experience, with a solid understanding and proven experience of the Software Development Lifecycle, testing methodologies, test tools and techniques.
- An experienced tester who has taken ownership for quality deliverables, including the creation of Test Plans / Test Strategies, creation and execution of both manual and automated tests, alongside the mentoring & supporting of colleagues (including peer reviews).
- Experience in test planning, using test tools and techniques to compliment defined test approaches.
- Experience in test analysis, design and execution, with the ability to think logically and create test cases and scripts which thoroughly test all aspects of system changes ensuring quality solutions.
- Excellent understanding of Test Environment architecture layers (servers, applications and databases).
- A proven knowledge of different testing types, including Non-Functional Testing, Performance and Mobile / Digital Testing (desirable).
- Experience of working in the financial sector (desirable).
- Certifications of Software Testing & Practices, for example ISTQB Advanced & Agile Extension (desirable).