IT Infrastructure Consultant
IT Consultant - London
Due to continued growth and expansion our client, a leading Technology consultancy, is currently looking for an experienced IT infrastructure consultant. The candidate will have experience of designing solutions in the following:
- IT Comms spaces and IT related M&E and Architectural requirements (Mandatory)
- Structured Cabling Systems (Mandatory)
- Logical/physical Data Network architectures
- Voice Systems and Unified Communications
- IP networks
- Smart Buildings experience would be advantageous although not essential
- AutoCAD experience would be advantageous although not essential
Ideally you will have worked on office fitout, refurbishment or relocation projects
and have exposure to RIBA work stages.
This will be a technically varied role with the chance to be exposed to some of the most
prestigious construction/fitout/refurbishment projects across a broad range of market
sectors. There are also opportunities for international travel (though this is not mandatory).
The role will include the preparation and co-ordination of IT design documentation/drawings
for the development of projects. It will also require project management skills both during
design and implementation phases.
For this role, the chosen candidate will work within their busy IT and Audio Visual Consultancy Group and be based at their London office.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Technical / Consulting:
- Engage with Clients to establish clear IT Briefs and technology requirements
- Provide input into technology strategy and briefing documentation
- Provide advisory and co-ordinate with Design team to agree Comms Room spaces and associated IT infrastructure
- Design & specify IT / Structured Cabling systems
- Coordinate & Manage the competitive procurement process
- Provide M&E, architectural & IT information to the professional team on the IT design
- Project Manage appointed contractors through project delivery including approving design submittals, site inspections, final commissioning & acceptance and client handover
- Oversee contractor off site and on site testing works
My client is ideally looking for the following Person Profile:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, both technical and commercial, demonstrating the ability to provide high quality consultancy to clients.
- Proven track record of designing and specifying IT infrastructure in areas such as commercial office buildings, hotels, high end residential, sports stadia, university campuses etc.
- Some previous experience in consultancy with exposure to projects in the built environment is desirable. Otherwise work with a user, manufacturer, communications provider or systems house may be acceptable.
- A detailed working knowledge in some or all of the following: Comms Spaces, Cabling Systems; Physical and Logical Architectures and Configuration of Data Networks; Voice Systems and Unified Communications; and convergence of Business and Building systems.
- An understanding of associated design practices, performance standards and regulations.
- A team player who can work effectively with personnel at all levels
- Creative and persuasive personality, a self-starter, able to be both forceful and tactful
- Business oriented with the ability to address complex IT issues
- Clear and fluent communicator, both in written and spoken delivery.
- Graduate or graduate calibre, with a qualification in telecommunications, computing or electronics.
Degree level educated or relevant industry experience ideally with appropriate technology qualification such as BICSI.