1st Line Technical Support - Addlestone Surrey
Krome Technologies is a young and dynamic IT consultancy providing end-to-end IT solutions and support across a variety of industry marketplaces. Our core focus is assisting our clients with achieving their business goals with the application of pertinent technology solutions.
We work with our clients as a trusted business partner, advising on how with appropriate technology advancements we can help achieve their current and projected business demands.
A role has emerged for a young enthusiastic candidate to add to a team of 20+ technical staff. The candidate will enter the team as a 1st line technician dealing with hands-on problem fixing and troubleshooting from a variety of hardware and software matters.
The candidate will be expected to have a very quick learning curve as he/she will be thrown a variety of challenges and required to work hard to meet customer expectations and satisfaction.
The role will be office based working remotely to diagnose and solve technical problems either remotely or visiting onsite customer environments.
The candidate will be given training by virtue of team work and some Microsoft qualifications, but it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to work independently and solve a variety of technical challenges individually.
As onsite visits maybe required, a car-owner with driving licence is desirable - also the ability to commute into London via train (expenses paid) is a preference of the role.
Common technologies that the candidate must have are:
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Win XP and Win7 mainly) to more than just a basic level.
- Production knowledge and awareness of Microsoft Office product suite - not just using it, but installing and troubleshooting common user queries.
- Installation, and troubleshooting of common ADSL queries, home user / small office Wireless environments.
- Mobile email for remote users with iPhone / Android / Windows Mobile troubleshooting.
- Local USB and Network based printer support to manage print queues
- Grass roots knowledge and understanding of PC builds, motherboards, CPUs, memory, disks etc.
- Excellent English reading writing and speaking
- Ability to problems solve mathematics for networking - although this is not required for day-to-day duties you will be required to have an excellent grasp of maths as developing your network skills within the company is imperative.
As part of this role is communication (in face and via telephone), it is necessary that candidate has very good written and spoken English.
All technical staff are given a thorough aptitude and technical test during interviews, so please be aware that this is part of the companies common employment practice.
- The role is 8.30am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
- This is an office based role only - not onsite.
- Punctuality is key, so close proximity to Addlestone is favourable.
- The ability to converse over the phone to customers is required, so excellent spoken and written English are required.
- An "out of hours" shift pattern is also mandatory as part of the role. You will be expected to partake in the shift patter once every four weeks (at a minimum). This requires keeping an "on-call" mobile phone with you should any emergency alerts be raised. Overtime is paid for this inclusion.