IT Field Engineer
IT Field Engineer - Southampton, Portsmouth & Winchester / Amersham, Hertford & Southend-On-Sea. £27,000.
My client, a top 40 accountancy firm with offices across the UK, are looking for 2 IT Field Engineers to join the company. One person to support offices in Southampton, Portsmouth & Winchester, and another person to support Amersham, Hertford & Southend-On-Sea. The purpose of the role is to deliver a better, faster and more personal technical support service to users around the company. This will be achieved in two main ways; firstly, by providing hands on technical support services (i.e. resolving issues in person), and secondly, by acting as the escalation point for more complex technical support issues as raised by the Helpdesk team.
- You will be responsible for Second / Third Line ticket resolution: The Helpdesk team will log and resolve as many tickets as they are authorised to do and more complex tickets will be escalated to the IT Field Engineers, possibly for further diagnosis and resolution. You’ll liaise with the Helpdesk teams, perhaps suggesting resolutions on the ticket record for them to try, or by taking the ticket and completing it yourself.
- You will provide the provision of in-person support: Some tickets although simple, are much easier addressed in person. If you are on site at a location with such an issue, you’ll pick up this ticket and resolve it. This may also apply where my client wants to ensure the best possible service to an agreed 'VIP user.’
- You will be contributing to the Firm’s Knowledgebase: The Knowledgebase is a hugely valuable set of documents which explain how support should be provided to the growing community of Users. This is a 'living’ set of documents, which is updated as the Firm grows and systems change. It is used by the Helpdesk team on every call and should be kept up to date. From time to time, you’ll provide notes and guidance to be made into articles, for testing and uploading by the Helpdesk.
- There will be times were you will be required to be seconded to project work: You may be required to work on a special project, such as a roll-out of a new system, or an office move.
- Keeping your skills up to date / training: A key part of your role is learning about the new technologies implemented or acquired by the company.
- Product Specialisms: You will develop (and may already have) specialist product knowledge. It is important that you continue to keep this knowledge up to date and maintain and increase it for the benefit of the whole IT Team.
Personal attributes required:
- Ability to work productively without close supervision: You’ll need to be a good time manager, and be able to prioritise your workload in order to ensure that escalated tickets are addressed within the Service Level Agreement timeframes wherever possible.
- An excellent communicator: You will liaise with the Helpdesk Teams, the Users and your colleagues in the P&A team continually. Professional, clear and timely communication skills are essential, both in written and verbal format.
- Diligent at following due process: You’ll use the company’s systems and processes to address tickets in order that a cohesive and efficient service is delivered.
- A good problem solver: You’ll need to be able to think laterally to resolve issues and create lasting solutions. You’ll use your technical expertise and experience to help diagnose and resolve issues, and your creativity in researching solutions to new issues.
- Loyalty to the User community: this is a 'Service based’ approach, and will be demonstrable in your work. For example:
- In delivering a good service to Users and receiving positive satisfaction survey feedback
- By making suggestions to improve the service still further
- By assisting the Helpdesk by providing knowledgebase notes for their training, so that a ticket is resolved faster and better next time
As an IT Field Engineer with this company you will receive a basic salary of up to £27,000 and will be entitled to a range of benefits that include 25 days holiday PA, Private healthcare and Life insurance.
If you are interested in the role, please click 'Apply’ and send in your CV for immediate consideration.