System Support Assistant
Our Client operates and utilises a number of IT systems which cover key areas of their operational business activity and the purpose of this role is to directly support the users IT applications, as part of a small team managing the production systems, answering requests for assistance, resolving problems and maintaining reference data, with the overall goal of ensuring the maximum benefit from the systems.
Their systems are being expanded in size and scope and further systems will be developed over the next few years, therefore our client need a proactive and responsible person who will be capable of taking ownership and showing initiative when providing support to the business. These systems need to operate efficiently, effectively and reliably so that our client can deliver on its commitments to management, other regions, partners, suppliers, customers and regulators.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
- Proactively monitor IT systems performance & interfaces
- Proactively analyse and prioritise service requests
- Investigate, resolve & document the resolution
- Register Helpdesk tickets as and when necessary
- Assist with the analysis of secondary level corrective actions
- Assist with the development of effective counter-measures & action plans
- Maintain reference & user data
- Assist with the analysis, management of data quality
- Review, update and maintain systems documentation
- Provide support for BPM projects; system changes and enhancements
- Support Business Analysts & Project Managers, as and when necessary.
Scope of Role
- Budget - None
- People Management - None
- Location - The role is based in London, but may require overseas and domestic travel from time to time.
Breadth & Range of Responsibilities
- First and second line support for IT systems in all offices and Third Party Agents based in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- The main challenge is balancing the variety and unpredictability of many of the issues raised by users. Therefore the role involves the effective prioritisation of concurrent requests and issues, working under pressure in a fast moving & sometimes stressful but ultimately rewarding environment.
Skills, Qualifications and Expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A logical, analytical & reliable approach to problem solving
- Ideally previous experience of working in an IT support environment
- Ability to rapidly acquire new IT applications’ knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes and flows
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Proven capabilities with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good presentation skills