Senior AWS Infrastructure Support Engineer
Our client is a digital technology business operating at the cutting edge of the global online gaming market. Due to growth and expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer in their Sunderland site.
- Promote standards and ensure all internal policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ability to work in self-contained manner while maintaining a high level of focus and drive.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of strategic technical projects ensuring full and proper handover.
- Problem management and Incident resolution.
- Mentor / train colleagues as and when needed.
- Keep up to date regarding industry developments in the technical arena and make recommendations to management where appropriate.
- Perform rota based on-call (out of hours) support.
- Responsible for infrastructure support, ensuring highly robust and maintainable : Operating Systems (including Active Directory)
- Virtualisation SAN / Disk Backup
- Business applications. Desktop support as needed.
- Any other tasks as requested by Infrastructure Support Lead.
- Dell hardware (server and EquaLogic).
- ITIL principles.
- IT service continuity.
- Cloud Computing.
- Microsoft Server 2008 administration.
- Microsoft Server 2008 clustering.
- Microsoft IIS 7 management.
- VMware setup and administration.
- Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and SSL.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Amazon Web Services.
- System Monitoring.
Salary: Upto £45k plus 10% quarterly bonus.