Software Quality Assurance QA Engineer
Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Location: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
Salary: Competitive, DOE + benefits
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Viewpoint Construction Software (VCS) has an opening for a Software Quality assurance (QA) Engineer to join our QA Team. Located in our EMEA Headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, this is an exciting time to join as we grow and bring new features to our award winning construction collaboration products.
If you want to be a part of a talented QA Team, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a Global Company as we continue our global progression, whilst maintaining a local focus on talent.
Job Description - QA Engineer:
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer position is responsible for improving the quality of software releases through automation processes and tools improvements.
Working in an Agile Development Software Methodology, the QA Engineer will work with Software developers, QA Analysts, Dev Ops, in order to automated test cases for Key Product Workflows, that will accelerate testing during Sprint, Integration and Regression Testing.
QA Engineer- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains the automation infrastructure that can be leveraged by other staff within an agile work environment.
- Increase script coverage using the established automation infrastructures and framework.
- Utilizes Web test automation technologies
- Continuously evaluates and improves automation framework and tests as necessary.
- Collaborates with the QA Team and other departments to achieve project goals.
- Performs moderately complex functional, application, regression and performance tests.
- Defines and adheres to quality initiatives.
- Provide standard metrics and results from all testing efforts.
- Experience working with virtualization testing environments
- Willingness to quickly develop and maintain understanding of software products.
- Ability to accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules.
- Committed to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents information effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment with co-workers.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
- Relevant experience in QA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated testing skills and understanding of QA processes.
- Experience with virtualization architecture and controlled test environments.
- Coding experience in C#
- Knowledge of the Microsoft toolset (TFS, MTM, Visual Studio)
- Experience testing in the cloud, mobile, thick client, and web environments
- Knowledge of Test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Watir/Watin, Test Architect
- Knowledge common coding languages used for test automation such as C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, VB.net, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of web test automation technologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain an automation infrastructure used by other testers.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please.