To support the UK Financial Controller within the UK General Ledger function. Support UK’s internal and external reporting obligations and to produce timely, accurate financial information and financial statements.
Reporting and key relationships:
Reports to UK Financial Controller
Key relationships are with:
- UK Financial Controller, Head of Finance/ VP’s
- IBM outsourced provider
- Business Partners & Worldwide colleagues
- AP, AR & Global process owners
- Business support & FP&A team
- The wider GTA finance function (Tax, Treasury, Legal, Corporate and Shared services HR & IT)
- Group finance
- External Auditors
- Produce accurate and timely monthly financial reporting, including completion of high quality financial statement preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, intercompany accounting, balance sheet analyses, P&L analyses & accruals, and transactional data analysis. Review journals and information reported with attention to detail.
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations, ensure schedules tie back to supporting documentation & monitor aging and content. Review all accruals & prepayments including all OPEX/ central accruals, cost centre allocations between divisions.
- Review bank reconciliations & ensure unreconciled items are resolved timely.
- Resolve intercompany outages across all entities and reporting systems. Actively liaise with counterparty. Review intercompany loan revaluations & interest.
- Produce transfer pricing documentation, calculations & review/ propose handling fee schedules & calculations.
- Review monthly Income Statement, including margin reviews, checking for deviations and systems issues. Prepare P&L commentary & Balance sheet flux.
- Review treasury & hedging transactions, analyse revaluations and gains & losses.
- Conduct reviews of the Fixed Asset register, depreciation, impairment and amortisation. Review and validate WIP account, Intangibles, IT costs and recharges.
- Ensure internal & external financial reporting obligations are met including, Tax, VAT compliance & National Statistics returns. Prepare/ review statutory financial statements.
- Prepare information for yearend group & statutory auditors, ICS controls audits.
- Ensure information for all companies in HFM is complete and accurate. Data integrity across all reporting systems maintained. Manage all the close routines in AX & HFM
- To meet all company deadlines. Work closely with Corporate, Business Controlling, shared service teams and GTA group finance to ensure all deadlines are met and all requirements fulfilled.
- Assist with delivery of robust budgets, forecasts, sales outlooks, cash flows, treasury transactions (Hedging) and Corporate Governance
- Interact & work closely with IBM teams to ensure quality & timely reporting
- Other Adhoc projects & tasks as designated.
- Adapting to changing priorities.
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ensure accuracy and high quality information.
- Ensure effective controls are in place and ability to prioritize
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous management reporting experience.
- Flexible approach and have ability to implement and is receptive of change.
- Work to tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel (inc Macros and pivots), Powerpoint, MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all audiences. Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and have a good understanding of basic accounting principles, including UK GAAP and IFRS
- Hyperion, HFM, JDE, AX or similar financial ledger and reporting systems
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Experience in liaising with accounting professionals at various levels in a multi-cultural, global environment
- Worked within a large group, exposure to multi-currency activity
- A problem-solver who has a can do positive attitude and can develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work, handle pressure and take day-to-day decisions on the running of the GL Finance function.
- Excellent collaboration skills across cultures and levels of seniority.
- Ability to nurture effective relationships virtually/at a distance.
- Works as part of a wider team player, willing to help others out at short notice.
- A hands on, deadline driven individual. Willing to work outside normal hours to meet deadlines.
- Working within an outsourced environment / experienced in building outsourced relationship
- Togetherness - Build effective relationships both within your team and the across the wider GTA team.
- High Performance - Take responsibility for your performance as well as encouraging others to do the same.
- Efficient Delivery - Focus on delivering efficient and effective results to the highest quality that supports our company vision.
- My Business - Act with the interests of the whole business at heart by demonstrating accountability in your role, identifying business needs and balancing the needs of your customers.
- Agility and Flexibility - Embrace and react to change and ambiguity whilst striving to improve how we think and operate.
- Positive Impact - Being a positive influence on others and using this to enhance how we work across the business.