Infrastructure Engineer - Glasgow City Centre
Infrastructure Engineer required by a leading professional services company based in Glasgow City Centre.
The Glasgow office is home to their technical team who work to improve and support the company's internal storage, network and server environments. As such within this role you will predominately be responsible for ongoing infrastructure support whilst working to improve the company's IT strategy and cloud platforms.
As well as day to day support you will become a key figure in the IT projects team, responsible for the full lifecycle of solution design from initial planning through to implementation and final delivery.
As the technical team cover internal support for colleagues and wider project team you must have excellent face to face skills, coupled with an ability to train and knowledge share with junior colleagues and non-technical teams.
- Maintaining and developing internal IT Infrastructure services.
- Identify and implement new technologies and services, ensuring continuous performance.
- Performance monitoring and troubleshooting ensuring constant and high availability of systems.
- Maintain and improve on the companies ISO 270001 controls and requirements.
- Take active responsibility for all general server and storage house-keeping.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the IT Helpdesk
- Extensive experience of infrastructure implementation, configuration and support
- Excellent Server, storage and performance monitoring skills
- First hand skills of Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 (essential)
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of Cloud Services such as Azure and Office 365
- Understanding of HP Server / Blade technology desirable
This role would be ideally suited to an experienced Infrastructure Engineer looking for a challenge in a new environment or a 2nd line Engineer looking for there next step up the ladder.
For more information apply now, and / or call Callum Hunter Infrastructure and Support Consultant on .