IT Systems Administrator
Make It Cheaper has been helping to put a smile on the face of British businesses since 2007 - and that’s something we continue to strive for every day. So how do we do it? In a nutshell, our service takes the hassle out of shopping around for better deals on electricity, gas, insurance, telecoms and water.
Our incredible people, coupled with the great service we provide, have made us the biggest (and best!) energy broker for SME’s in the UK which is why we are trusted by Go Compare, MoneySupermarket and uSwitch to look after their business customers.
Keeping our staff happy is also very important to us so we work hard to create an environment where development and progression is encouraged. We also know how to have fun. Annual trips away, regular massages in the office, parties and awards are just some of the things that keep our people smiling. There really is something for everyone here!
To help manage and support the IT Infrastructure and be a point of escalation for technical issues.
Joining a fast growing business with a dynamic team of IT Engineers you will be the expert in our IT Infrastructure. This role is not just day to day support - we need someone with a passion for technology and the drive to be a key part of realising our strategy and IT Vision. You’ll be responsible for supporting our infrastructure including the on premise servers and visualisation platform, cloud, network, VOIP technology, SQL infrastructure, Office 365 and more. Managing and improving SOPs, policies around the infrastructure, documentation and knowledge sharing will also be key to this role.
Daily Operational Responsibilities:
- Day to day support of the MIC server and infrastructure environment
- Ensure scheduled checks and pro-active maintenance is completed and logged
- Owning and completing escalated tickets within SLA
- Capacity planning and trend monitoring
- Security monitoring and testing
- Support the Change and Development IT teams with issues and inquiries
- Improving, responding to and owning any alerts from monitoring systems
- Dealing with problems and requests professionally and delivering exceptional customer service
- Identify improvements to systems, processes and policies
Help create, define, implement and support solutions and be a key technical resource for projects including:
- Execute our migration to the Cloud
- Lead the technical migration to Office 365
- Build SSO and integrate the businesses third party tools
- Suggest and implement new security solutions
- BCP testing and evolution
- Server virtualisation and consolidation
- Support the business intelligence platform
- Firewall and networking changes
- A driven and self-motivated individual who can work on their own initiative#A logical and structured approach towards troubleshooting and project work
- An excellent communicator who can help to develop good IT practices and service excellence
- Extensive System Admin Experience - Windows Server2008/2013, Active Directory, DNA, Group Policy, Exchange
- Hyper-V and other virtualisation technologies
- Cloud Infrastructure - AWS, Azure, Amazon Redshift etc.
- Network and Data Security - Networking principles, firewall and VPN administration, access control, routing and trouble shooting
- DR strategies - High availability, backup strategies, system resilience
- Project management experience
- Deployment and update services - WSUS, WDS and Anti-Virus
- Good knowledge of ITIL or any other industry standard best practice framework
- VOIP and Contact Centre Solutions
- Knowledge of SQL Server and managing SQL databases desirable
- Exposure to working with Linux Server