Health & Disability Assessor (Centre based) - London & South East
Hours: Permanent, Full time , Standard work pattern 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Location: London & South- East
Salary: £35,000 - £41,000 Depending on location plus benefits
Atos Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading assessment services providers. Our Health Professionals (HPs), complemented by support teams for delivering independent health and disability assessments for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) against criteria set by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
PIP is a benefit for people with a long-term health condition or disability. It is designed to help towards some of the extra costs incurred as a result of living with long-term health condition or a disability.
We are inviting Nurses, Physiotherapists, Paramedics and Occupational Therapists to join our fast-growing PIP team for a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
The role involves conducting face-to-face health and disability assessments and compiling a comprehensive, evidence-based report which is used by DWP who then make a decision on a person’s PIP claim.
What we’ll give you:
You will gain invaluable comprehensive training through an induction programme, on a full salary, whilst gaining essential professional development and expertise.
In addition to the core benefits 25days annual leave and private medical insurance, you also have access to:
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Pension scheme
- Many more optional benefits
- You will meet claimants face-to-face, listening carefully when they tell how their health condition or disability affects their daily lives
- You will analyse and interpret clinical information and evidence
- You will carry out detailed report writing for a broad range of clinical presentations
- You will be responsible for disability case file reviews including quality checking and auditing
You will need:
- Full registration with the HCPC / NMC and a valid licence to practise
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience of using Microsoft office packages and electronic reporting templates/databases
- Highly organised, flexible and able to prioritise effectively.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a large and claimant focussed organisation. Pleas click on the apply button now.