Are you a talented developer seeking the next step in your career? Or perhaps you're already in a senior position but you're seeking a fresh environment and new challenges? Enigma People Solutions is happy to supply your next big chance. On offer, is a permanent role as Senior Developer for one of Scotland's most cherished brands.
The successful chandidate will be responsible for taking the lead developer role on web and technical projects. You will support the definition of standards and processes and the adoption of best practice, to ensure the delivery of web applications within the department. The role will also require deputising for the Development Manager during technical feasibility and scoping meetings, as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience developing Java (JDK 1.5 & 7, Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0) web applications under Tomcat5 & 7, and Apache Web Server using a range of current open source frameworks (e.g Spring, Hibernate, JPA etc.)
- Proven track in developing a range of web sites, applications and solutions, across a number of key technologies (i.e. Java, J2EE, .NET, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Perl or Bash)
- Proven and demonstrable experience working with Relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres and MongoDB) and web service driven web applications. Including experience of SOAP and Restful web services and XML.
- Extensive experience building web sites integrated with enterprise content management system (CMS) platforms. Exposure to the Alterian platform would be advantageous.
Bonus skills and experience include:
- Good experience in implementing standards based (W3C), best practice methodologies in modern web application development - design patterns, separation of concerns, etc.
- Good exposure to building web applications and solutions under Windows, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Demonstrable experience of software development building and release processes, with a focus on continuous integration and deployment, using Subversion, CVS, Jenkins, Maven and Ant.
- Good exposure to best practice testing approaches, including experience of tools such as: JUnit, HTTPUnit, JMeter.
- Highly motivated in assessing, learning and deploying new technologies.
- Good understanding of current generation and legacy web browsers.
- Good understanding of business processes and appropriate synergies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Based in Edinburgh, you'll benefit from a great environment in which you can learn and grow, both professionally and personally. This truly is a rare and wonderful opportunity. To take it, apply using the link below.