Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager
Salary: 50,000 - £60,000
The role of the IT Systems Manager is to provide leadership, control and ownership of the technology components at our sites in London.
The role involves both technical and managerial responsibility ensuring that both the Operation and Client needs are professionally serviced and that the working environment is optimized.
The role will report directly into the Director of IT Services Globally and will be a key member of the IT Services Management Team.
- Managing and coordinating the IT Infrastructure for all our clients and internal systems are provided with 100% availability.
- Monitoring and analysing the systems of production environments to ensure day to day smooth running of the IT Operations and infrastructure. Team consists of 8 specialists covering Windows Stack, Enterprise Vault and Cloud.
- Service Desk ticket management, including monitoring and tracking through to conclusion within agreed SLA’s.
- Reporting on service desk requests for work and break-fix incidents. Managing the communications between the service desk and the customer.
- Provision of Monthly Service Reports covering the IT Services Team activity and key trend components.
- Line management responsibilities with the ability to coach and develop individuals.
- Identify any gaps in knowledge that would benefit the business/department and provide support and recommendation for training.
- Liaison with Vendors for any outsourced IT services and work with Senior IT Management to ensure SLA’s and service are met.
- Maintaining and improving on Service Levels and ensuring the timely production of any incident or resolution reports in a timely manner.
- Managing the acceptance in to live service any new IT feature to ensure all required documentation and approvals are in place.
- Traveling between the sites soliciting feedback on improving the service from key and grass roots stakeholders.
- Development of core ITIL processes and improving governance from an IT control perspective.
- Project management skills to oversee the delivery of any new changes, infrastructure or initiatives.
- Identifying, creating and managing local risk and issue Registers
- Creation and management of IT related Change Requests
- Iteratively Documenting "Lessons Learnt" reports and sharing with the wider IT teams.
- Support the Development, and Sales team with Tender responses concerning Project Delivery and Capacity Management
- Working effectively and collaboratively with all areas of the business
- A professional representation of at all times (internally and externally)
- Innovation hungry and a passion towards efficiency, keeping things simple but always looking to make a difference.
- Experience in contributing to attaining the relevant ISO and PCI standards.
- Solid technical background
- Strong knowledge of IT Services best practice
- Good analytical, problems solving and decision making
- Clear Management expertise
- Proven helpdesk knowledge in a process orientated arena
- Good Project Management Experience
Knowledge & Qualifications
- 3 years of work experience working as a Technical manager
- Knowledge or experience with at least 1 from; Windows Tech stack (AD, Exchange, MSSQL etc..), Enterprise Vault, Azure, O365 and VMware
- Knowledge of core technologies covering communications, platforms, databases and virtual deployments
- Strong experience with backup procedures, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for business critical services
- Excellent attention to detail in a timely manner
- Able to work independently and proactively
- Advocate of change in a controlled manner
- Strong Communicator both written and verbal who can influence C+ and below
- Strong Customer Service ethic with belief that IT Services are there to support and enable
- Self-Motivated with strong desire to always improve.
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring processes by all departments and individuals are followed.
- Due to business demands flexibility will be required with regards to working hours. There will be a regular requirement of out of hours support.
- Time Management and prioritization skills
- Analytical Skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently with reduced supervision
- Ability to write cohesive and concise reports.
- Ability to continuously identify improved ways of working