Business Solutions Developer
The Property Franchise Group (TPFG) is the No1 Residential Property Sales & Letting Agency Franchise in the UK. The group operates under 6 successful brands (Martin & Co, Ellis & Co, CJ Hole, Whitegates, Parkers and EweMove), has circa 400 branches and over 2,000 staff.
We are an ambitious, progressive company, with a proven track record of success.
Technology plays a pivotal role in how successful estate agencies operate and this is increasingly the case within TPFG. Whilst many of our competitors are happy to operate on a 'me-too’ basis, using 'off the shelf’ vanilla solutions, we prefer to use these sparingly, given our competitors will be using the same solutions.
Instead we have chosen to develop our own bespoke solutions using our own in house team. In doing so, we believe that we can deliver the best possible IT solutions to our franchisees and their customers, on a differentiated, benefits driven, customer focussed basis.
The group’s acquisition of EweMove Sales and Lettings in 2016 provided the rest of the group with access to the various innovative solutions created by EweMove’s in-house team, and we now wish to develop these solutions further, and leverage the capabilities across the wider group.
This is where you come in!
We need a proactive, self-starting, smart thinking developer, to work as part of a focussed, fast moving team, enhancing existing solutions and developing new capabilities, both within EweMove and across the wider TPFG group.
• Do you get a buzz from solving problems and creating IT solutions that users love to use?
• Do you hate seeing things done poorly or inefficiently?
• Do you low finding a better, quicker, easier way to do things, rather than just put up with the status quo?
If so, then this could be the ideal role for you.
We’re technology and platform agnostic. EweMove’s capabilities to date have been deployed on low / variable cost, industrial strength cloud-based applications and infrastructure such as Quickbase, Amazon EC2 & S3, and structured API / connector / data transformation tools such as Zapier.
We’re not looking for specific skills / experience or qualifications in specific technologies. If your first response when you come across a new technology is to ask to book yourself onto the next training course, then you are probably not the right person for us.
Whilst we do believe in and support training, we need someone who’s first inclination when faced with a new technology or development platform / language is to hit Google and the forums, roll your sleeves up, and see what you can work out for yourself! By the time you need to attend a course, you’ll already be at an advanced stage……..
We want to find the right kind of person, with:
• A positive, can-do attitude
• An analytical, logical and disciplined approach to solving problems
• The ability to think creatively / innovatively, 'outside the box’ and deliver simple IT solutions
• Understanding of business workflows and how systems can be used to drive, manage and control user actions, behaviours and outcomes
• Excellent attention to detail
• An absolute and unswerving passion for delivering great solutions and ensuring they are simple and easy to use, and deliver all the benefits and outcomes expected.
Technically, we would expect you to:
• Have a good understanding of normalised database
• Ability to structure and manage data in a logical manner
• Ability to understand complex data sets and their relationship with real life situations
• Understand importance of strong data protection and IT security
• Recognise the need for robust testing and ongoing systems performance monitoring.
Familiarity with some of the following cloud based solutions and services would also be beneficial, but not essential - quickbase, hubspot , infusionsoft, surveymonkey, promoter.io, google apps, google calendars, facebook, twitter and other social media platforms, and connecting / integrating solutions using tools like zapier, webhooks, workato and typical restful API inegrations.
If you are looking for a challenging role, where you’re technically abilities will make a real difference and to join a very ambitious progressive company then this is the perfect opportunity for you…..