A DevOps is required to be part of the development team, working closely with business analysts to develop functionality and to run and extend a digital platform - providing citizens with access to wide range of services that will benefit the citizens of Oxfordshire. This is part of a large investment in transforming services within the public sector and requires people who can be flexible, work using agile methodologies, and work well as part of a team of developers, architects, data specialists and UX people.
We have a large range of technology from multiple vendors and as significant open source. For example ETL modules are written in Java and our CMS platform, Drupal, is written in PHP - with integration requirements to Microsoft SharePoint and a range of Line of Business systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Release/life-cycle management
- Automation of testing and release processes
- Monitoring and forecasting demand
- Contribute to team meetings with suggestions of new ways to tackle problems
- Identifying new technologies
- Assist with specification, design, documentation and testing of applications
- Make contributions to controlled documentation and technical reports
- Ensure the systems comply with security and data protection standards
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the role and specific responsibilities of this post as required by the Information Solutions manager
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree, recognised computing qualification or equivalent experience
- An aptitude for investigating and understanding requirements
- Experience of automated integration testing
- Experience of release management/software life-cycle management
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and contribute to a development team
- Web CMS,
- Ruby on Rails.
- Visual Studio
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.