The Finance Manager's role will be to develop and analyse key financial information to ensure that the organisation’s management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance. The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
Review the performance of the business - advises how to pre-empt problems. Adapts to changing circumstances whilst improving value. Reduces operational cost by implementing more cost effective strategies.
As part of the management team you will be jointly responsible for contributing towards the company’s strategic, operational targets and overall business needs.
Structure of Organisation:
Reports to the Finance Director. Will liaise closely with Accounts, Sales and Operational staff and senior managers at 5 sites.
• Three years’ experience working in the service industry at a senior level.
• Competent at managing responsibilities in a high - volume environment.
• Highly reliable self-starter; can be counted on to complete assignments.
• Perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities.
• I.T competent - with a good knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Responsible, efficient and flexible.
Reconcile sales and purchase ledgers to the nominal ledger. Reconcile wages accounts to the nominal ledger. Prepare and input various journals as and when required. Prepare quarterly VAT returns and submit the details online to HMRC ready for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
Fixed Asset Register
Maintain and update the fixed asset register as and when circumstances change. Reconcile the fixed asset register to the nominal ledger on a regular basis.
Analyse daily cash balances and check against expected values. Produce and update daily cash forecasts.
Provide weekly key performance information. Provide monthly management accounts. Provide monthly management information. Profit Forecast, Forecast balance sheet, Key business statistics.
Annual Statutory Accounts
Prepare and complete the annual accounts and the workings file for the accountants.
Annual Budget & Business Plan
Prepare profit and loss account. Prepare balance sheet. Contribute to setting, agreeing and achieving budget and business plan.
Training & Development:
• Develop an effective induction plan.
• Conduct appraisals on a biannual basis for all accounts staff
• Identify training needs and facilitate relevant training where needed
• Train new staff and provide ongoing training for existing staff.
• Identification and development of promotable staff.
• Produce training material for in - house courses.
• Ensure employees receive statutory training.
Additional: Skills/ Responsibilities:
• Communication skills that allow you to inform, staff what is expected from them.
• Good listening skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations.
• Motivational skills and an ability to manage, supervise and lead the accounts team and other staff.
• Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve profitability.
• An ability to work well under pressure.
• Organisational and planning skills.
• Good personal presentation, especially when working with customers face to face.
• A commitment to improve your own skills on an ongoing basis.
• The ability to see staffs point of view from several different prospective.