Temporary Assistant Management Accountant / Accounts Assistant
I am currently recruiting on behalf of my well established client based near to Chester. There is the need for an enthusiastin Assistanmt Management Accountant / Accounts Assistant. The succesful candidate will support the Finance Manager and the Finance department in the undertaking of several tasks to support the accuracy and timeliness of daily processing and monthly reporting.
You will also improve the accuracy and integrity of financial records through regular reconciliations and proactive control across all UK business functions.
- Assist with management accounts production in an accurate manner and in line with deadlines set by senior management.
- Ensure strict compliance with the monthly timetable and complete any required journal entries or reconciliations. To ensure agreed reconciliations are performed on a regular basis and liaise with auditors to ensure clean audits are achieved.
- Help in the preparation of full analysis of P&L account transactions, in an accurate and timely manner, including investigation and correction of any mi-postings.
- Help in the preparation of full balance sheet reconciliations in a concise and well presented format, including third party evidence where appropriate and any explanations and required action plans for identified differences.
- Assist with updating of cashbook transactions into the ledger/bank transactions into the forecast.
- Ensure effective line of communication with the business and implement value adding changes.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Basic understanding of double entry accounting.
- Demonstrate good IT, communication and numerical skills.
- Methodical, accurate and good personal management skills.
- Hands on approach.
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure and within deadlines when necessary
The role is on a temporary basis initially with the potential to go permannet for the right candiate.