Technical Support Engineers - Software / Application Support
Our client is a world-wide Software / IT Services company and a market leader in their field.
They operate in an interactive, creative and resourceful environment where they strive for excellence and innovation in everything they do. They have a talent for looking at things differently and have a passion for bringing new ideas to life. Their teams have the energy and focus enabling them to deliver quality in a speedy and efficient manner.
Due to expansion they are looking for skilled and focused Technical Support Engineers to join their team in Bristol. You will be involved in helping our client build a more scalable service capability which will provide a first class support experience for their client base.
Essential skills required :-
- Minimum of 1 year of working on a helpdesk, service desk or technical support environment
- Experience of using and/or supporting SQL Server or Oracle databases (DBA duties, installation, upgrading or support), and ideally T-SQL or Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures
- Linux / UNIX (AIX, Solaris, Linux)
Other skills required include some of :-
- Pro-IV applications or high availability web applications
- Windows Server (2012)
- Apache/Tomcat, Jboss, container setup
- Unix shell scripting, Power shell
- General infrastructure, networking, Service Now
- Application support of ERP, Payroll, Accounting, Financials and /or HR systems or similar packages
- Knowledge / experience of working in complex environments with multiple support and product lines would be ideal.
This role may suit individuals who might also come from a Systems Administration, Systems Engineering, Application Support, Database Support or similar background / environment.
In return for your hard work, you will be awarded with a competitive benefits package, the opportunity to obtain professional certifications and progress your career within a large and supportive working environment with great career progression opportunities.