Service Desk and Infrastructure Engineer
As a Service Desk/Infrastructure Engineer you will take a leading role in a critical part of the IT Services Team, providing Service Desk and Infrastructure support to the business critical systems, some of these include: SAN, layer 2 and 3 networking, IP based telecommunications and cyber security using industry standard Intrusion prevention and detection appliances.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Efficiently prioritising tasks and communicating work to staff
- Architecting and maintaining critical infrastructure including Routers, Switches, Servers and Networking Services
- Architecting remote troubleshooting and software installation through PowerShell
- Diagnose and resolve Service Desk Incidents in a Timely Manner
- Escalating Business Critical Incidents to IT Services Manager when required
- Providing 2nd/3rd line support for hardware and network issues
- Assisting in the enforcement of IT Services Security Policy
- The ideal candidate for this role would have:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, information technology, or computer science
- Ability to set up an enterprise network from scratch
- Proven Ability to deal with issues related to a company's IT infrastructure - internet connection, routing, servers (Windows and LINUX) and IP phones
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Teamwork skills
- A proven practical approach and ability to stay within budget
- Excellent Professional etiquette and communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Strong technical capabilities with a focus on providing support to over 150 users.
- Strong understanding of LINUX/UNIX commands
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and services such as: DNS, DHCP, VLANs and layer 3 routing.
- CCNA or equivalent networking qualification OR
- MSCP or equivalent Microsoft certification
- An understanding of HTML CSS, PHP or other web based language.
- Experience with Amazon web services infrastructure design and provision
- Experience with a ZFS based SAN