Our client is based in Basingstoke, Hampshire and a leading distributor of state of the art technology. They provide smart homes with fabulous exciting kit, like home cinemas, audio visual, video and security with system controls, which incorporates top end networking and cabling technology.
We are currently assisting our client, who are looking for the skills of a Network Engineer to join their team as a Support Technician.
The position will involve working as part of the post-sales technical support team whose primarily responsibility will be to provide a high standard of support to their client base.
This will involve 2nd and 3rd line support, managing telephone support requests, assisting in troubleshooting of product and installation issues, tracing potential faults and workbench based product testing/repairs as part of the RMA process. The role may require the occasional visits to customer sites throughout the UK although much ofthe role will be office based and remote support. In addition, the role requires that complete and accurate records are maintained and that product returns and repairs are recorded,processed and managed accurately and promptly.
The company offers the successful candidate the opportunity to further their career as part of a strong and sociable customer focused team. You will have a passion for technology and want to learn new AV technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the AV or IT industry and installation market.
- An interest in AV and IP network technology, an aptitude for learning and strong analytical problem and troubleshooting skills-down to'under the hood’ product repairs.
- An ability to share skills and industry knowledge/experience with colleagues and training course delegates.
- Working / Hands-on knowledge of TCP/IP, network design, VLANs and installation principles and practice, and the ability to visualise complex installations if they are being described by phone.
- In-depth Technical Knowledge and configuration of Switches, Routers and Wireless access devices.
- The ability to speak and pass on information comfortably to both technical and non-technical people to explain products and concepts in an interesting and engaging manner.
- Excellent written and spoken English and a positive and friendly manner on the telephone and in person,as well as a presentable appearance when meeting customers.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- A conscientious approach to work and the ability to work unsupervised.
- A full UK driving license.
- Familiarity with Audio Visual technology (Including multi-room audio and video, AV control systems and structured cabling).
- Knowledge of CCTV systems and Network security would be beneficial.
- Experience of Microsoft office products.
- Valid passport.
Hours of work are from 9:00 to 5:30, Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch. Salary is dependent on experience.
If you feel you have the networking skills and experience needed please call or apply immediately. Look forward to hearing from you.