Real Estate organisation are looking for a Network Engineer to join team of engineers to manage the network backbone that spans global data centers, offices worldwide, over 1000+ servers and 3 public clouds to support web applications, which are used by millions of customers every day.
- Support operations for over 600 physical network appliances and 1000’s of virtual nodes
- Triage tickets related to data centers, Internet applications, and worldwide office connectivity across switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN
- Respond to automated monitors and alerts to troubleshoot issues networks
- Deploy and support-routing, switching, firewall, and traffic management environments for 50 market leading Internet sites that serve millions of visitors
- Secure and manage worldwide office locations supporting both onsite and remote users
- Position requires participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
You are a self-starter, love the challenge of solving problems, building solutions to help the company scale. You use leading edge hardware, software defined networking, cloud networks, and traditional networking to work on a variety of challenging and innovative projects. You are motivated to help yourself and the team grow.
- Educated to Bachelors level (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a Related Field.
- One or more relevant certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, CCSA, CCSE, CCMSE JNCIE, VCP-NV, F5-CA, F5-CTS, F5-CSE, ACMA, ACMP, ACMX, ACDX, etc
- Experience with firewalls
- Experience supporting enterprise wifi across multiple locations
- Experience in load balancing with local and global traffic management solutions
- 3+ year of relevant experience in networking technologies, not limited to TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, HSRP, PPP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, VoIP, ACLs
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco network devices.
Sample Network Team Projects:
- Lead the implementation of an entire network stack (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, phone) in support of new office openings
- Corporate VPN with multi-factor biometric authentication
- Architect horizontal scale out firewall solution for 1000’s of VMs
- Architect global traffic management across redundant CDNs and multi-active data centers
You will have the chance to work with the following technologies:
- Firewall technologies including - CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, and Cisco ASA Firepower
- Cisco Nexus switches - 9Ks, 7Ks, 5Ks, 3Ks, FEXs
- Load balancers and traffic managers - F5 BIGIP LTM and GTM, Akamai, Amazon ELB
- SSL VPN solutions - Junos, CheckPoint, Microsoft Direct Access
- Cloud networking - Amazon Direct Connect, AWS VPC, Azure ExpressRoute
- Software Defined Networking(SDN) - VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, Amazon VPC
- Private and Public clouds - VMware VCloud Air, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Akamai
Conveniently located in central London within easy access to public transport. We also offer a very competitive benefits package including the buying and selling of holidays, Spot bonuses, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, income protection insurance, Ride2work scheme, pension scheme, shopping discounts, birthday and anniversary lunches to mention a few.