Accounts Payable Manager
An exciting opportunity for a subject matter expert as an Accounts Payable Manager at a leading retail chain's Head office based in Croydon. Reporting to the Corporate Finance Manager, you will provide an efficient, cost effective transaction processing function, ensuring payments to non-merchandise suppliers are made in a timely and accurate manner.
- The Accounts Payable Manager will be fully accountable for the management of 10 team members, including recruitment, training, developing and appraising the team effectively and efficiently
- To manage the processing, scanning and workflow management for all non-merchandise invoices.
- Working closely with the Property team, ensure all landlord accounts are paid, reconciled and maintained
- Recovery of aging debt balances on all ledgers. Documenting possible bad debt and instructing bailiffs where required. Providing regular monthly reporting.
- Calculating and paying rent reviews and dealing with any queries that may arise, ie change of landlord, store closures and new store opening
- To look for possible efficiencies amongst the financial control team and assist with changes, implementation and to continuously improve business processes
- As an Accounts payable manager you will also be involved in Project work; support on the Oracle R12 upgrade, projects related to the Finance department, assist with the roll out of the Bottomline OCR and fingerprinting project, ad hoc tasks related to all project work and attending weekly meetings
The primary qualities for the role is an enthusiastic individual who is experienced in professional shared service centres as an AP Manager with experience in process improvement, system upgrades and implementation as well as project work.
If you are a driven, determined AP Manager looking for further progression within your career, this opportunity is for you. Please apply now or for a confidential discussion contact Stephanie on