DevOps Engineer opportunity - up to £85,000 + 10% bonus
In an era of 'fake news’ and 'alternative facts’, wouldn’t it be refreshing to work for a company that actually empowers researchers to make tremendous discoveries that advance knowledge and the progress of humanity?
- Do you want to work on massive transformation projects and play a leading role in defining the way that web products are delivered in a multi-billion £ turnover enterprise?
- Does big data, cloud and semantic web technology excite you?
- Are you a strategic thinker, able to step away from the 'coal face’ and see the bigger picture but still feel comfortable developing infrastructure in code?
If the answers to these are 'yes’ then this may be the opportunity for you.
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to design, architect and build global infrastructure (with resilience, performance, cost, in mind) for a high volume, high available and high performance platform that 15 million consumers around the globe rely on. You will also automate absolutely everything and set up continuous delivery systems.
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of multi-tier architectures.
- Experience in CI/CD.
- Experience with large scalable systems using AWS or other cloud providers.
- Experience with config management - Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack.
- Scripting in Python, Bash, Ruby.
- Experience with web servers - Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy.
- Pension up to 18%.
- Bonus - 10%.
- Life assurance.
- Loads of discounts with retailers and service providers, travel agents (holidays).
- Health insurance & dental.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loan.
- 25 days holiday.
If this looks of interest I would be delighted to have a conversation with you, in confidence, about this opportunity and your career aspirations going forward.
I look forward to hearing from you.