Data Analytics, Analysts, statisticians, Business Intelligence and Data Programmers
Data Analysts/Analytics from Consultants to Managers
Location: Hertfordshire and some London
Salary: negotiable based on experience (competitive)
This an opportunity to join a growing Data Analytic team who work closely with their UK and global teams to undertake a wide range of fraud, corruption and regulatory investigations. They also help clients harness technology to identify and address related challenges.
The Investigative Analytics team collates, reviews and analyses large and disparate datasets to detect issues and anomalies and report on its findings. It designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provides specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
The rapidly growing team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds applying skills and experience to find new ways to solve our clients’ most complex data and analysis challenges. You may have a background in application development, data analysis or business intelligence and will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best.
Our client provides you with a variety of challenges, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
As an Assistant Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Working with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Delivering analytical work, either individually or leading a small team of junior colleagues
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your work by performing tests and preparing quality control documentation
- Using your experience to identify and propose new solutions to client problems and assist with developing them
- Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda and helping to create a more inclusive culture
The ability to independently query, manipulate, analyse and interpret data
A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context
Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline
Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Strong communication skills and an ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms
The availability and willingness to work abroad
Recent SQL and Experience in at least one of the following areas is essential:
- Data analysis experience including use of relevant software (e.g. R, VBA, Hadoop, Hive, Neo4J, i2, ibase) or;
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server preferred) or;
- Data loading and BI/ETL solutions (Microsoft SSIS preferred) or;
- Reporting and data visualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview) or;
- Scripting or programming experience (e.g. C#, VB.net, Java, Python) or;
- Experience of text analytics through use of taxonomies, concept searching, machine learning or clustering
The following will be considered an advantage:
Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications
Experience working on projects for external clients
Understanding of the financial services industry
About Brimstone Consulting: We specialise in finding highly qualified staff in the following areas: E-Discovery and Digital Forensics; Payments; Fraud - (AML/CTF, Investigation, CFE’s etc.); Risk - (Credit, Regulatory, Liquidity, Market, Analysts-SAS, SPSS etc.); Compliance/Corporate Governance ; IT - (full SDLC- BA’s PM’s , Architects, Developers etc.); Big Data and Data Analytics - (MI/BI/CI); InfoSec and Cyber Crime; Audit; Accountancy and Finance
Brimstone Consulting acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. Brimstone Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Due to time constraints we can only reply to applicants that match our clients’ specifications.
Our Data Protection number: ZA053843