IT Support Analyst / Engineer
We have an exiting opportunity for a 1st Line IT Support Engineer or recent IT graduate to join our client who are an award-winning luxury travel specialist with extensive experience of delivering high quality personalised travel services. This position offers a good opportunity for training and development within a dynamic company, with opportunities for continued career development within the company.
As the main point of contact for daily departmental support of general IT queries, the ideal candidate will have a positive flexible approach and a can-do, solution-based attitude. Working closely with the IT Team based at the company's head office this central role will involve day to day IT Network and PC support for the Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounts and HR departments. The successful candidate will provide IT related Administration, including first contact with suppliers and maintaining hardware and software inventories, back-end support of company websites and Work in collaboration with the marketing department to support and develop digital initiatives and e-marketing activities.
Responsibilities and Duties of the IT Support Engineer are:
- Knowledge of Active Directory for maintaining the network.
- Maintenance of computer hardware and software
- General knowledge of databases and general analysis
- Installing desktop systems and applications on Windows and OS X
- Using cloning software
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Working knowledge of website hosting procedures.
Technical Skills and Qualifications required:
- Good IT knowledge, including Microsoft products: Windows Server 2012, Office 2007 upwards.
- IT related degree or previous experience in an IT-related role
- Networking e.g. ability to configure ‘prosumer’ grade routers, adding devices onto patch panel
- Network access and security knowledge e.g. WAN/LAN, VPN, antivirus software, firewalls, ports
- Any experience of Cloud CRM e.g. Salesforce desirable, although not essential as training provided
Interpersonal Skills required by the IT Support Engineer will be:
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient time management
- An enthusiastic, reliable team player
- A professional, methodical approach
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Good organisational skills
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate relevant experience in IT support within a Windows environment and a passion for developing their skills in this exciting area.