QA Team Manager - London - £25-£40k
QA Team Manager - £25-£40k
What does this company do?
Founded in 2013, this client is the leading automated platform for trading out of home (OOH) media.
Built to provide efficiencies and transparency in how OOH media is bought and sold today, they offer an easy to use cloud based environment where media owners can list both classic print and digital (DOOH) inventory, and buyers can leverage first and third party data to plan, negotiate, option and book activity in real-time.
95% of OOH media owners, including: JCDecaux, Exterion, and Primesight, sell their inventory via this platform; providing buyers with live availability across more than 400,000 classic and digital screens, across the UK.
What can you expect to do with your day?
As QA Manager you'll be responsible for the testing and analysis of web applications and APIs. You'll work closely with all members of the software development team to ensure functionality and business logic meet the agreed upon project requirements. You will lead the development of quality standards, and manage a team of two QA Testers.
- Lead the development of quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications and products throughout the development lifecycle.
- Manage two software testing staff.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential project risks
- Keep detailed records of testing procedures and results; communicates these findings to other team members
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvement in the Quality Assurance department
- Manage end-to-end quality assurance and testing projects, schedules, tasks and deliverables
- Effectively communicate quality issues and recommendations to improve quality to senior level management
Ideal candidate’s skills and experience
You must have these skills:
- Several years of service delivery with background in technology testing, automation, performance and web apps or combination thereof.
- Experience with white / gray / black box and automation test methods
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in end-to-end test planning for a product
- Knowledge and experience with test plan creation, unit, integration, and functional testing techniques
- Experience with Performance Testing using industry standard testing/monitoring tools, results analysis, provides recommendations, reporting, mentoring of team members.
- Performance Testing experience with web apps and RESTful APIs
- Skilled at leading meetings, documenting test deliverables, and providing status updates to management
- Experience with JProfiler, Jmeter and other server monitoring tools would be desired
- Scripting experience with cloud based test automation tools -- Saucelabs, Selenium or similar