Job Title: IT Manager
Job ID: 08198
Job Type: Permanent
One of the UKs leading Apprentice providers are currently recruiting for a IT Manager to join their London office. The role will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the IT Systems, providing 1st to 3rd line support as well as the implementation and maintenance of the company’s computing needs, IT Strategy and growth plan.
The role will report in to the COO, having a close working relationship with the different department heads to plan and execute any IT project improvement where needed. The role will also require constant communication with internal staff, making sure they are kept updated with any issues.
- Making sure that the day to day delivery of IT Services meets the operational needs of the business.
- To be the point of escalation for all IT requests within the company.
- Help analyse and understand the continuous changing needs and demands of the company so the IT infrastructure can keep up with the changing times.
- Work with the directors/managers to plan and anticipate the need for new services to help the company be more efficient in their day to day responsibilities.
- To continue to drive on-going improvements to service performance and cost, agreeing and delivering an annual improvement plan.
- Provide 1st/2nd/3rd/ Line support to all staff across a number of offices nationwide
- Liaising with vendors who provide software/hardware to the company.
- Train and manage apprentices to make them more technically ready after they graduate.
- Track and manage company assets making sure that all hardware/software are accounted for and compliant
- Take on IT projects to improve the company’s IT systems.
- Track requests using an in house ticketing system making sure all requests are resolved within the agreed SLA and making sure staff is kept updated on what’s going on with the request.
Experience of working with a school environment, training provider, work based learning or similar would be a benefit
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing 1st to 3rd line support in a corporate or school environment
- Experience in working with MS Servers (2008, 2013)
- Must have great customer service skills
- Must have project management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Empathy and compassion
- Presentation and delivery skills
- Windows Server 2008, 2013
- Exchange 2010
- Active Director/Group Policies
- Windows 7,8.1,10
- Office 365 Administration
If this sounds like a good match, then please get in touch ASAP as interviews are taking place immediately.