Broadcast Engineer, MCR, Post Production
Broadcast Engineer, Post Production, MCR Engineer, Operations, Video Servers, Audio Mixing, Avid, EVS,
Our client is a well-established Broadcast production company that’s specialises in the Sports sector and have an enviable client-list.
You would be working in a small and intimate team of Broadcast Engineers and working on a combination of day to day support and operational roles as well as taking ownership of some smaller projects or being part of a team of larger, more complex projects.
The engineers are responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of their technical facilities, both on and offsite, encompassing satellite downlink and fibre feeds, and providing VTR, EVS, Edit and Studio gallery guarantee.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of MCR and line operations encompassing satellite downlink and fibre services, providing VTR, EVS and studio gallery guarantee
- MCR operations and co-ordination of live feeds from incoming lines through to playouts and line recordings and co-ordination of facilities in other technical areas such as post production
- Quality checking of incoming and outgoing feeds, edited content for playout or dispatch and equipment movement for all areas
- Maintaining broadcast and post-production technology across all broadcast systems
- Providing support of broadcast technology at offsite operations
- Undertaking of broadcast technology projects and supporting other members of the Engineering team on major technology projects
- Working with and configuration of industry standard file based technology and workflows
- Co-ordination of equipment movement across all operational areas
- To assist in planning and implementing system and infrastructure upgrades and expansion.
- To maintain setup and system configuration across a range of broadcast equipment
- Responding to new requirements as they arise and are delegated to the team by the Engineering Supervisor and Senior Engineers
Main skills required - you should have the majority of these skills…..
- Video and audio formats used for Broadcast, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI etc.
- Principles of video and audio transmission
- Broadcast monitoring
- Broadcast Video Servers - EVS, GVG/K2, AirSpeed
- Demonstrable knowledge of Camera Channels, Vision Switchers, Sound Mixer technology
- Avid Post Production Systems, Media Composer, and ISIS shared storage
- Broadcast Graphics systems and data integration
- EVS IPDirector, XTAccess etc.
- File encoding formats and delivery mechanisms
- Understanding of structured cable systems and cable patching and routing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written forms
- Good organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Logical thinking with good problem-solving and fault finding skills in diverse systems
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight
Desirable Criteria for the Role
Relevant Degree in Broadcast Technology.
Good knowledge of:
- IP networking
- Avid Media Composer and Unity ISIS troubleshooting
- ClearCom Talkback Systems
- Ericsson Broadcast Encoders and Decoders
- Probel/Snell Routers
- Multiviewer configuration
- TSL TallyMan
- Snell / Crystal Vision Broadcast Glue
- Yamaha Audio Desks