NFV SDN Architect Network, Virtualisation,
SDN Architect / Network Functions Virtualisation NFV Architect - London, telecoms world leader, new, exciting team.
Global telecoms leader with hugely ambitious plans is seeking a SDN / VIrtualisation expert to join a new, exciting team at their smart, modern offices in the heart of London, with free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, they can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the very forefront of their arena. A competitive basic salary and full benefits package and strong BONUS are on offer. Large pension also as you would expect.
The primary purpose of this role is to bring deep subject matter expertise on the topics of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and virtualization technologies as applied to Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) into a small, dynamic and multidisciplinary team. Whilst focussing mainly on SDN and NFV aspects, the successful candidate should expect to work on a number of related telecoms projects, and perform tasks as necessary during the entire lifecycle of the research and development phases. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be one capable of rapidly gaining new knowledge, or otherwise exploiting previous experience, to help the team achieve their goals in a timely fashion. If the thought of working in a small team of smart people, in a start-up-like environment backed by two successful companies, where everyone contributes to solve some cutting edge problems appeals, this may be the role for you.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree level or equivalent in Computing Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or related technical discipline;
- Current professional qualification in at least one of the essential technology areas;
- Proven experience of designing and implementing large scale systems using SDN connectivity and virtualization for NFV;
- Comprehensive experience and demonstrated expert knowledge in:
? Software Defined Networking (SDN) with a particular preference for Contrail/OpenContrail and/or OpenDaylight;
? Virtualization using Openstack/Docker or other common container and VM technologies;
- Deep understanding of network switching and routing, TCP/IP, UDP/IP and multicast;
- Deep understanding and practical experience of tunnelling protocols such as PBB-EVPN, VXLAN, LISP;
- Superb analytical skills and the ability to bring them to bear on a new subject or requirement to rapidly identify key drivers, features, implementation choices and pitfalls. Data driven and precise, you will be able to constantly replace this knowledge to match a highly dynamic market.
- You will be able to fully engage, challenge and debate technical solutions with other Subject Matter Experts, both internal and external.
- Excellent self and team awareness skills to guide interactions to the most positive outcomes.
- Able to drive an ad hoc team to the correct conclusions, even if individual members arrive with pre-conceived notions contrary to that conclusion.
- Creative thinker and problem solver, willing to keep options open for as long as productive analysis is occurring, within timelines appropriate for the needs of the business.
- Articulate and engaging written and presentation skills are considered gating criteria; an ability to present to executive staff on a regular basis.
5+ year history of working in a relevant communications, network infrastructure or related computing infrastructure field.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Programming using scripting or other high-level languages;
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment;
- Experience of working in satcom telecommunications is an advantage;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks, complete them successfully, and within timelines;
- Ability to do-it-all (build systems from scratch) and a desire to be hands-on;
- Able to translate between business requirements and the needs of the technical community in the form of Requirements specifications, architecture specifications and technical designs;
- Deep understanding of modern rapid and agile development methodologies and test-driven, iterative development practices;
- Strong interpersonal skill and oral and written communication skills;
- Agile and open to change;