Executive Sous Chef
JOB TITLE: Executive Sous Chef
SALARY: £28,000 - £31,000
A great opportunity has arisen for a qualified Sous Chef who has worked within a 2 rosette up to a Michelin star kitchen. This great opportunity will see you working for a Michelin experienced Chef who takes fine dining to the next level.
Our client has revolutionised Private Aviation Catering throughout Europe in a very short space of time by offering unparalleled cuisine and cutting edge plating techniques to a demanding International Clientele. From Monarchs, to Heads of State, worldwide CEO's and Celebrities,
1. Job Purpose Statement
Reporting to the Head Chef the role of the Executive Sous Chef is to manage the kitchen team to and ensure the efficient and smooth running of the kitchen to achieve the highest standard of food production. To manage the day-to-day activities of the Sous Chefs, Chef de Partie's , Commis Chefs and kitchen assistants with particular attention to the allocation their rotas, duties and specific tasks.
In addition, the Executive Sous Chef will be assisting control and manage the food cost in line with the budget, ensure that stock level are controlled and reordering as required. To take responsibility for ensuring that only the highest possible standards are maintained when it comes to food quality in preparation, presentation and packing. To ensure that all hygiene, temperature control and kitchen cleaning are maintained and records kept in line with the EHO and company policy.
This role is a senior role within the company performing kitchen management and administrative tasks when directed by the Head Chef. Therefore, the Executive Sous Chef must demonstrate that in addition to the required culinary skills required, they also possess the relevant man management and administrative skills required for the role.
2. Job Accountability's
General responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Oversee daily operations of the kitchen including:
- The timely delivery of all orders
- The quality of food delivery from the kitchen
- Manage the food supplier deliveries to ensure only the highest quality produce is used
- Manage all kitchen hygiene and cleaning standards
- Manage current stock control and wastage
- Ensure kitchen equipment is operating to an efficient level
* Design and create new menus in conjunction with the Head Chef
* Coach and encourage all levels of kitchen staff to be creative and employ an innovative approach to all aspects of food design, preparation and handling
* Manage all kitchen staff from Sous Chefs to Kitchen Assistants
* Assist in generation of kitchen rotas to ensure the kitchen is manned efficiently
* Embrace food innovation and excellence in-line with the company's ethos "The On Air Dining Experience"
3. Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Ability to demonstrate excellent culinary skills
* Time management and delegation of tasks to achieve all deadlines set
* Ability to work under pressure
* Working in accordance within current legislation
* Proven record of working within the industry
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Structured approach to work focused on getting results, keeping targets and meeting schedules
* Strong people management skills, to, motivate and bring out the best in people
* Communicate a clear sense of direction and lead by example
* Ability to liaise with other company departments in a professional manner