Anthony Cole Associates are proud to be once again partnering with the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for wealth management, asset management and capital markets firms. They help clients drive operational excellence to manage risk, accelerate growth and deliver real business value.
They are looking for Java Developer with at least 2 years commercial experience to join their rapidly expanding team to take responsibility for ensuring our development process and procedures are followed. The Development team work on coding assignments handed down to them from the Development Team Leads. These will take the form of well documented Technical Specifications, which once implemented and unit tested, will allow the developer to pass their work on to their in-house test team.
Key Skills of the Java Developer:
- Development experience with Java SE 6 or later
- Understanding of application of Design Patterns in OO programming
- Understanding of principles of Unit Testing, exposure to Junit
Desirable skills of the Java Developer:
- Knowledge/experience of Java 8 features and Java EE 6 or later
- Use of Spring Framework/understanding of Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control
- Experience with JDBC/Hibernate
- Knowledge of Java NIO/Apache MINA
- Experience with Web Services/Testing with Soap UI
- Jetbrains Teamcity or similar (Jenkins/Hudson, Atlassian Bamboo etc.)
- Understanding the use of Source Control (e.g. Perforce)
- If you had experience in Oracle PL/SQL or .NET C#, then we can help you develop those skills
- Knowledge of, or experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience within financial services or securities finance
- Fluent in languages additional to English (French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch a plus)
- Mentoring Junior Staff
The successful candidate will be self-driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality software. You will be methodical and have the ability to assess your own performance and be determined to improve where possible. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company as a Java Developer within an organisation who are focused on your career development and offer great training and mentoring opportunities.