IT Technical Support Team Leader
This leading Logistics business based in Northamptonshire is seeking an IT Technical Support Team Leader with Software development experience to help develop and maintain the technical capability of the business.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT you will be part of the IT management team working on in house developed software frameworks to enable the business to deliver Warehouse Management, Warehouse Control and Material Flow software systems in line with Group and UK strategies
- Manage and develop technical personnel as defined in the IT organisation chart
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Drive technical understanding of the company products within the team
- Build and manage relationships with the technical community
- Ensuring inter-company billing is completed on a monthly basis
- Develop and maintain IT server infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing robust processes and controls
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications built on JAVA and C# technologies.
- Clarification of project specific software development.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide second-level support to business users.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer, prior experience in a technical leadership position and a College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Previous experience of working in warehousing and distribution environments and experience of Warehouse Management Systems would be highly beneficial as would experience working with off-shore development teams.
This is a permanent role paying up to £40,000 depending on experience. A full UK driving license is required as there will be occasional travel to customer sites and offices in the UK, and to Group offices. The hours are Monday to Thursday - 08.30 to 16.45 and Friday 08.30 to 15.30.