IT Systems Administrator
Are you looking for your next role in IT Support?
Are you looking to get stuck in with a company spanning across the globe?
If you are, then we have the perfect role for you!
A flagship client of ours is seeking a fast thinking, and technically experienced IT Systems administrator. Working within an established team you will be supporting staff across the UK having great exposure to the latest technology, with niche industry applications.
Our client offer specialist Civil Engineering solutions dealing with the end to end project management for all projects ranging from Stadiums to Airport Terminals.
Day to day you will
* Resolve typical day to day office based network (LAN) desktop and laptop problems with a minimum amount of supervision.
* Remote support of site based staff that use Broadband or 3g connections to connect to the servers at Perrywood, using citrix or sonicwall global VPN Client.
* To issue and build new hardware allocated to staff
* To complete software upgrades on user's desktops / laptops.
* To manage the implementation and installation, and carry out the installation and testing within the post holder's capabilities, of any additional hardware, software or firmware purchased or leased by the Company.
* To ensure that faults are logged in the helpdesk
* To assign network permissions
* Assist with installation of new hardware
* Regularly review the Company's day to day IT requirements.
* Administer new account creation and removal with Parent company.
* Assist in keeping the IT Department's hardware and software records up to date.
* Carry out some server monitoring and administration unsupervised; AD and Domain management.
* Assist in researching into products that might be of benefit to the Company.
* Ensure system backups are run every evening in compliance with the company's DR plan.
* Ensure all systems are up to date with Sophos AV, to protect the business from possible vulnerability.
You will need experience working with
* Windows OS - Windows 7
* Server 2003 - 2012
* An Understanding of LAN / WANS / VPN'S
* An Understanding of MS Domains
* An Understanding Knowledge of Virtualised systems
* Knowledge of Dell Hardware
* Mobile Devices, 3G Internet Access, Broadband Connections
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.