Our client is looking for an experienced software developer and programmer to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding business that has developed unique web based business software. Specialising in the production and development of cutting edge, innovative solutions for the Meetings & Events Market, they are firmly established as the market leaders in the field. Currently enjoying a period of sustained growth, they are now looking for an experienced and skilled software developer/ programmer to join in the development of new software products and maintenance of existing products. Reporting directly to the Head of Development, you will be responsible for all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle including requirements gathering, design and development and testing.
You will be:
- Performing all aspects of application service delivery.
- Prioritising and resolving incoming requests from the helpdesk system, email, phone or in person.
- Managing technical aspects of internal and client implementation projects
- Programming our specialist systems
- Testing of these systems and deployment as required
- Working individually and as part of a team on programming, testing tasks, problem solving, analysing new and existing projects
- Running tests of the application to identify bugs
- Evaluating systems’ effectiveness and performance
- Reacting to problems and providing solutions as necessary
- Deployment & Acceptance Testing
- Keeping abreast of technology and maintaining existing skills and knowledge
- Communicating with clients when needed
- Looking for ways to improve processes and procedures
- Work professionally within the development team to deliver high performance, reliable, scalable and secure software
- Work closely with the GRATIS Head of Development and other staff to assist with the identification, quantification and specification of internal and customer requirements
- Assist with design specifications for new modules and feature sets where applicable
- Suggest innovative software solutions to internal and customer requirements
- Liaise with other departments to understand business and technical requirements where necessary
- Apply best practices where instructed or necessary
- Code software to specification and timescale using methods appropriate to the requirement
- Proactively consider processes and methods for building, deploying, upgrading and maintaining the software
- Work closely with the GRATIS Head of Development and other staff to resolve technical, environmental, installation, software coding and other issues escalated via the Support team or directly when required
- Identify coding issues and provide fixes when necessary and in line with our customer SLAs
- Attend development team meetings
- Produce technical documentation detailing modules and feature sets developed where necessary
- Take responsibility for quality assurance by performing regular code reviews
- Good communication and team working skills
- "Can do" attitude, flexible and self-motivated
- Have the ability to turn business problems into innovative software solutions.
- Be able to think creatively whilst maintaining a commercial sense of software development
- To carry out such other duties in line with skills and experience as may be required by the one of the Directors.
You will have:
· An education to degree level or equivalent with a computer related discipline.
· Experience with C#.
· Demonstrable experience working with ASP.NET 4.0/4.5, MVC 4/5 and Web forms.
· Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012.
· Git source control.
· A deep understanding of Relational Database Design and experience of complex SQL.
· Experience in connecting with other systems/data via API and or web services.
Salary: £30,000 - £37,000, depending on experience.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy 10 more days.
- An additional days’ leave for every 2 years’ service.
- Various salary sacrifice schemes available including a cycle to work scheme.
- Lifestyle benefits and discount schemes.