Brentford Lock, West London
Our client are one for the UK’s leading online couriers and they’re committed to becoming the world’s leading online parcel comparison site, through technology leadership, technical innovation and service driven excellence.
Our client operate from 4 UK locations, with over 40 technical staff. This exciting role is based at their lovely open plan head office right by the canal in Brentford Lock, West London. They take great pride in employing only highly skilled expert staff, who share their passion for innovation and creating amazing technology.
Our client are recruiting for an amazing UX designer to work on 2 core projects. First our existing website functionalities. Secondly a new major greenfield project, a cloud based logistics solution for major retailers that aims to disrupt through technological innovation, the logistics and parcel management domains.
As our client's UX Designer, you will work on a project which has recently won funding from Innovate UK - the UK Technology Board, due to its innovative nature. This is a unique opportunity to work on a cutting-edge project built on a new state of the art platform and be involved in creating a new software solution from the ground up. You will be expected to:
- They practice a participatory methodology – you should be happy to involve users from an early stage of the project through to completion – this includes low and high fidelity UX designs, wireframes and interactive prototypes across mobile, tablet and desktop
- Work on 2 projects, one B2C design and the other B2B design - you will need to have extensive experience in both.
- Estimate work, deliver to deadlines, and be vocal when risk arises
- The nature of our work means a flexible approach to UX design is essential – we work within a variety of timescales and budgets as well as differing project teams and development methodologies. The right candidate will be able to adapt their processes to the project’s nature
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and contribute to a product roadmap in collaboration with product owners and developers – we find that the line between BA and UX is increasingly blurred.
- Demonstrate a flexible UX approach that has resulted in the delivery of desktop and mobile (web) B2B & B2C projects
- Actively seek out feedback and constantly challenge both your ideas and those of others on your team.
- Work closely with Visual Designers to collaboratively sketch out early thinking, to convey your screen design thinking and to iterate on detailed interaction design work.
To be considered for our client's UX Designer role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong conceptual skills with an ability to create original solutions based on user needs
- Expert knowledge of user-centred design, processes and UX principles
- User research and discovery skills (workshops, personas, mental models, user journeys, surveys etc)
- Creation of mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes to share ideas and gather feedback
- Planning and facilitate usability testing (both prototypes and products) and user workshops
- Effective communicator and presenter
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – you will need to be comfortable working on multiple work streams
- Fluency with various design sketching and prototyping tools
- Ability to work with various internal and external development teams and methodologies to deliver products
- Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or related field of study (or suitable work experience in lieu of degree)
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 4 years of experience
- Although the primary purpose of this role is UX, someone with design and UI experience would be a great bonus
- Experience in designing dashboards or work on data visualisation projects would be beneficial to the role
UX Designer Benefits:
- Our client values people. We have an equal opportunity environment
- You get to design a brand-new cloud platform from the ground up.
- You have a chance to work on a cutting-edge technology stack
- Our client provide a yearly training budget for all members
If you feel you have the skills for our client's UX Designer role, please apply now!