M&E QS - Based in Newmarket - Permanent - Commercial Projects
A specialist Building Services Contractor is recruiting for a M&E QS to be based in their office in Newmarket, Suffolk. They are an established company that provide premier mechanical and electrical engineering services for public and private sector clients in commercial and industrial markets undertaking projects within various sectors including the MOD, pharmaceutical, health, education and leisure.
The purpose of this role is to provide day to day support to the Directors and Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers, by assisting in a range of specific activities within the contracts department.
The M&E QS will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Produce and submit applications for approval.
· Assist the Mechanical and Electrical Contracts Managers with monthly project cost reports.
· Attend and participate in site meetings and performance reviews.
· Ensure commercial compliance of current contracts, protecting the position of the company.
· Assist in the identification of potential risks and opportunities on projects.
· Provide assistance to the Contracts Managers with negotiation of project final accounts.
· Advising on legal and contractual issues.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience
· High level of maths skills with a good working knowledge of ICT.
· Analytical with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Good negotiation skills.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
· Good methodical approach to work.
· Ideally Degree Qualified M&E Quantity Surveyor.
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on or or