A fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing Education IT Solutions Providers in the South of the UK. Class Technology Solutions is looking for a Network Manager to be based at a client’s site in the Oxford area.
Class Technology strives to be the educational solutions partner of choice and to disseminate best practice by providing open and transparent 'ICT models' that can be easily implemented and adopted throughout the education system. Our aim is simple - to develop ICT in Education and enable its use to enhance the learning outcomes of every child, and young person in the country.
We are a passionate forward thinking company that believes strongly in investing in the future of schooling and education. Our future depends on continuously creating tools and supporting schools in innovative ways in challenging and developing technological environments that support teaching and learning outcomes in schools.
The Network Manager will involve administration and troubleshooting within a predominantly Microsoft environment
As the Network Manager you will be running the day to day helpdesk onsite and doing first and second line support while working with the customer, so hands on experience is also required.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Running the service desk and resolving 1st-2nd line support calls and ensuring all calls are followed through by your team members
· Supporting and maintaining the infrastructure within the school/college to ensure maximum uptime
· Ensuring the you keep the Senior Engineers and CTS Helpdesk team aware of any issues that need to be raised and escalated - we are looking for someone who can do, but someone who equally is prepared to escalate
· Working with your account manager and senior engineer
· Support and manage key infrastructure projects in partnership with your CTS Senior engineer
· You will be the interface between the client and us - you are the "face" of CTS within the school
· You will manage the day-to-day workload of your team, ensuring you get the best out of them
· Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
· We expect experience in supporting IT in a controlled environment
· Microsoft Server Skills
5.Exchange and Office 2013/365 skills are desirable
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in the education sector is desirable but not essential
· Must have a clean and valid DBS disclosure
· You must also be Microsoft qualified such as MCP/ MCSA/ MCSE/ MCTS or hold other industry recognised qualifications.
Access to highly qualified senior engineers who are all Microsoft trained thus affording exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
A very autonomous relaxed environment whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it.
Potential to Apply for Microsoft Training Vouchers after a Year
Working with a friendly bunch of people who are passionate about IT but also providing a fantastic service! We are passionate about investing in the education of pupils.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post.
The successful candidate should have a good standard of education and sufficient relevant experience. Prior experience in an educational setting is desirable but not essential.
We enjoy what we do, so if this sounds like the opportunity for you then we would love to hear from you, so apply now!