Systems Design Engineer
System Design Engineer – Security
eSift are currently looking for a technical Design Engineer with previous experience within the security systems industry to join our client, the leading global integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire (GL20)
Salary: £35-40k per annum
This is an exciting opportunity, based within our client’s site in Tewkesbury, responsible for the design and production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/ Proposals/ Specifications for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Security systems both for M&E and End Users throughout the UK and overseas as and where necessary.
Key responsibilities include; ensuring a timely response to all enquiries, presenting a professional image at all times, producing quotations ranging from £5,000 to £2,000,000, ensuring all quotations are accurately costed, adherence to Company’s policies and procedures, and supporting Sales and Operations in the field when necessary.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
- Significant experience within the Electronic Security Industry in a similar role liaising with End Users & or M&E Contractors.
- Good knowledge of electronic security systems and standards
- Technically adept with good practical skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi task and set clear priorities
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Google & MS)
- Able to interpret Customer’s detailed specifications and drawings
- Good level of customer service and customer liaison skills
- Professional attitude to work with a high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work on own initiative whilst within a team environment
- Proven ability to manage a work load with quickly changing and often conflicting priorities
- 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education during that period
- Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU
- UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Experience of AutoCAD and MS project would be desirable
- Experience of IP based security systems would be desirable
- IT knowledge (Networking, O/S, Hardware etc) would be desirable
- Experience of presentations to groups of up to 10 people
- Knowledge of any of the following systems; C-Cure, Paxton, Avigilon, Samsung, Exacq, Hik Vision, Galaxy, Axis, Pacom would be desirable
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via .