Service Desk Analyst
IT Helpdesk Support Analyst - 1st / 2nd line IT Support, Service desk, Windows, Desktop, Hardware, Software, 1stline, 2ndline - Bradford - Office based, this role is supporting a large userbase across Yorkshire helping to resolve faults and technical issues ranging from password resets to servers
This role is providing a range of 1st and 2nd line support for all technical issues and problems from initial point of contact - be that via email, by phone or through a support ticketing system - through to resolution, with a focus on strong customer service throughout. It's a busy and challenging environment but you'll be joining a good team and have a chance to help shape best practice and improve IT policies & the ways of working to reduce call volumes and more quickly solve common issues.
You'll need previous IT support experience providing remote support and assistance and familiar with escalating more complex issues to specialist teams or arrange field engineer visits.
Ideal applicants will have a relevant degree or technical certifications (such as Microsoft or CompTIA) but you can't beat hands on experience! Ideally you'll have broad IT support experience across the following -
- Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Basic Windows Server 2008 / 2012 support
- Basic Exchange / Outlook Emails & mailbox administration
- Basic Networking concepts - DNS, routing & Switching
- Active Directory - administration, domains and setting up new users
- Good IT hardware and software troubleshooting knowledge
- Basic troubleshooting of applications to understand issues and guide users
- Use of Service Desk logging tools - eg Remedy, ServiceNow
- An understanding of ITIL best practice (Foundation V3 certification also desirable)
- Remote desktop control tools
Also desirable would be any experience or exposure to the following:
- Tablet & Handset Support - Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone
- Supporting Cloud Services like Office 365
- Troubleshooting VoIP and telephone handsets, setting up call groups
- Supporting large numbers of users (200+)
The IT Helpdesk runs standard daytime operating hours from Monday to Friday with a slight flexibility in start and finish times on a rota basis to cover 8am to 6pm. The role is about a mile from Bradford Interchange and is walkable / on a bus route and is easily accessible from the m606 or the ring road, with car parking on site and overflow in the streets of surrounding areas.
In return an ideal salary range of £17-20k is on offer (dependant on experience) with potential for slightly higher for senior helpdesk experience including mentoring and training responsibilities.To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
IT Helpdesk Support Analyst - Bradford - 1st / 2nd line IT Support, Helpdesk, IT Support, Windows, Hardware, Software, 1stline.