An excellent opportunity has arisen in our growing team for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us in the position of IT Manager. PHD Mail is a privately owned transactional billing company with a head office and disaster recovery site in Burton upon Trent. We provide print and mail, hybrid mail, scanning, online archiving and e-billing services to a number of high profile customers, and process in excess of 60 million documents per annum.
Reporting to the IT Director, the role is to manage the software development, IT support and system administration teams within the business. We are looking for a technical manager with good interpersonal skills who is capable of project managing development work and delivering ongoing improvements to the IT services within the organisation.
The role requires the management of multiple software development projects, and previous experience of project management including planning and resourcing/scheduling would be desirable.
The internal IT infrastructure is predominantly Windows based so a good knowledge of Windows Server and HyperV technologies is beneficial. As an ISO27001 accredited business, experience of security processes and procedures would also be advantageous.
Previous industry knowledge and experience of document composition based development would prove advantageous but is not essential.
- Management of the IT teams
- Planning, resourcing and delivery of internal and client development projects
- Planning, resourcing and delivery of infrastructure projects (installs, migrations, upgrades etc.)
- Managing up to third line support for IT systems and infrastructure
- Suitable IT related qualification
- Management experience
- Server, virtualisation and cloud technology knowledge
- Understanding of network infrastructure
- Project management (Prince2 desirable)
- Understanding of software development process (C#, scripting, GMC - beneficial)
- IT service delivery experience (ITIL, change control, helpdesk etc.)
- IT Security knowledge (risk assessments, encryption etc.)
- Experience of ISO standards 9001, 27001 desirable.