Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect- London
Recruiting for an Enterprise Infrastructure Architect to join a large Insurance company based in London (with some travel to Chelmsford and other locations depending on projects supported).
This is a permanent position offering up to £85-90k depending on experience, with a great benefits package, car allowance of £7,500 and a bonus.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect will work with the teams within the IT department and other senior business stakeholders to align strategic goals and business objectives with decisions regarding infrastructure applications, products, services and other IT initiatives. The role also acts as an internal consultant within the department and where relevant to business units and functions with regards to opportunities and ideas relating to infrastructure, helping to shape these ideas and ensuring alignment with the overall IT landscape and strategy. The role will take an enterprise wide view covering all lines of business and all geographies and has a key part to play in balancing the needs of different parts of the organisation.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Able to engage with senior business and IT representatives at a strategic level. Able to think at both a strategic and detailed level.
- Has experience of delivering strategy documents and target operating models to board level audiences. Capability to present architectural ideas to business audiences.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of managing the trade-offs that may be necessary between ideal and pragmatic solutions. Flexibility to deal with different levels of problem.
- Commercial and specialty (re)insurance expertise in UK, continental European and international markets (ideally including London Markets). Ideally this would cover front to Back Office processes.
- Technical IT knowledge including development methods and systems/applications used in the insurance market. The candidate needs to be confident enough to be a reviewing architect on programmes of work.
- Experience of producing strategy documentation essential.
- Technology experience in a primarily Microsoft environment including Windows desktop, Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, SQL Server, .NET.
- Operating environment perspective to including IaaS/Cloud infrastructure, outsourced provision of infrastructure run services, SaaS such as email, file, application provision
- Demonstrable experience in managing and negotiating challenges to strategy and architecture.
- Able to work with all seniorities of staff and bring together people with different viewpoints for common objectives
- Able to produce appropriate architecture and strategy documents that articulate the proposed vision/direction in an accessible and business friendly manner.
- Understanding business strategy, priorities and growth plans; Being seen as a point of expertise and trusted advisor.
- Working as part of a project team, and as part of an Enterprise Architecture (or similar) function.
If you would like to apply, or know someone who may be a good match, please submit your CV.
Hancock and Parsons Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Hancock and Parsons Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.