Project Manager, Project Consultant, Professional Services
Senior Project Manager, Project Consultant, Professional Services, London
Before reading on you MUST have operated as a Senior Project Manager / Consultant within a complex Professional Services environment. This is ESSENTIAL.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, the Project Manager has overall responsibility for collaborating with the client on building and managing a mutually agreed plan, and coordinating the work of the Business Implementation Team.
For medium to large scale engagements, the PM has overall responsibility for managing the successful and timely delivery of multi-faceted projects. These projects can range in complexity and scale, and require collaboration with a variety of business and technology areas. Such engagements may involve multiple global business units and cross dependent project teams. Travel to client sites may be required. As part of the client facing Implementation Team, the incumbent needs to project a highly professional image with strong consulting skills. The Project Manager must be comfortable dealing with all levels of the client organizational hierarchy, from practitioner users to C-Level stakeholders.
- Working with a pool of Delivery Consultants, assigned to the project, focus on executing assigned projects
- Coordinate project tasks with internal groups (such as Hosting and Training)
- Facilitate both internal and client facing interchanges and meetings
- Support Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Project Planning and Execution
- Establish and coordinate structured in-person and remote project sessions
- Maintain and track project metrics and Financial tracking/reporting
- Managing customer expectations, work with both internal and external cross functional teams
- Conduct, or support, estimation and scoping sessions, that result in statement of work
- Promote adherence to standard practices and processes (life cycle) to enable successful and consistent project execution and deliver value
- Develop and manage to detailed project plans, including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans.
- Establish detailed metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports. Identify project risks/gaps and create risk mitigation plans
- Provide project leadership, work direction, and feedback. Influence the work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met, and issues and risks are communicated
- Collaborate closely with the designated Managing and Technical Consultants
- Promote visibility - communicate and report status to clients, internal executives, and all other key stakeholders e.g., Status Reports, Executive Briefings, etc.
- Deliver formal presentations and executive summaries to senior management and key stakeholders to provide recommendations and structured decision making
- Conduct frequent retrospectives and collect lessons learned for submission to the Continuous Process Improvement Cycle
- Perform other duties/projects as required in the dynamic PS environment
- Extensive and proven Project Management experience in a technology, consulting or services delivery capacity
- Excellent customer-facing and relationship building skills at senior executive levels
- Experience managing, facilitating and coordinating a team
- A strong consultative approach with hands-on experience in an implementation scenario
- A collaborative "team player" is required
- Take-charge, positive attitude with strong leadership skills
- A demonstrable understanding of one or more industry standard project delivery methodologies
- Demonstrated multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, fluent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio, and the Office suite of tools (including Excel, PowerPoint)
- A strong interest in understanding client business issues, as well as the technology supporting the business.
- Internal Audit, Risk, Compliance / GRC domain expertise will be a significant plus
- International Experience preferred
- Familiarity with Lean or Agile models and frameworks would be a plus
- ISACA certification would be a plus
- Professional certification such as PMP from the Project Management Institute (or equivalent) is highly desirable
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.