AXA Insurance is looking for a talented, passionate and versatile Software Developer, with a growth mind-set and a commitment to technical excellence. As a key member of our agile development community, you will build and maintain our award winning web-based insurance products, whilst embracing industry best practice and standards. Your highly collaborative style will help to nurture a culture of growth and learning, and you will demonstrate the courage and resilience to persevere when faced with new challenges.
What you will be doing
As the Software Developer you will be -
• Developing solutions to the required quality, design, coding, performance and security standards, in a fast-paced agile environment
• Testing your solutions thoroughly through unit and integration testing
• Ensuring quality and continuous improvement through design reviews, code reviews, retrospectives
• Taking collective ownership for the platform as a whole, responding to its needs for stability and availability
• Acting as a trusted technical advisor to the Development Leadership Team and broader delivery community
• Providing accurate and timely estimates for proposed solution development
• Working closely with colleagues to share knowledge and ensure the continuous growth of our development community
What we can offer you
As the number one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater. Here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- 35 hour working week
- 25 days holiday increasing with service plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme
- Share Plan Scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Who are we looking for?
If you have the following skills and experience then we want to hear from you....
• You have experience in a similar development role and a degree in computer science or similar qualification
• You have a strong understanding of Clean Code practices, OO, SOLID Principles and Design Patterns
• You have knowledge of UI frameworks and technologies (such as jQuery, Angular, React, Knockout, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3)
• You have knowledge of Cloud Development with Microsoft Azure, although not essential
• You are growth-oriented and adaptable with an ability to meet the changing needs of the platform and our customers
• You have excellent written and verbal communication, in English, and can adapt your style to meets the needs of your audience
• You value building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
• You are curious with a desire to innovate in order to find optimal technical solutions