Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounts Payable Supervisor | Sutton Coldfield | Up to £27,000
Penns Personnel have an urgent requirement for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join one of our International clients based in the centre of Sutton Coldfield, within their accounts processing department.
- Responsible for managing a team of people who process invoices and other accounting services.
- Contributes to setting and executing short-term strategy for Accounts Payable (STP)
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise within Accounts Payable (STP) with some knowledge of other functional areas
- Solving unique and complex problems impacting the business with regard to Accounts Payable (STP)
- Ability to report on KPIs and SLAs
- Customer service focused, with the ability to proactively meets customer’s needs
- Assist with the management of the budget for projects within Accounts Payable (STP)
Duties will include:
- Monitor the Accounts Payable team’s compliance to accounting policies and procedures.
- Review disposition of duplicate payments, flow of invoice processing daily to ensure timeliness.
- Monitor key areas such as Utility and Rent payments to ensure no business interruptions.
- Monitor invoice volume to ensure appropriate workload assignments and approve new vendors and special handling
- Provide strategic focus by aligning individual staff goals to accounting centre performance objectives and holding staff accountable.
- Achievement and delivery of specific goals and operational performance metrics and measures, including assessing overall and individual achievement of service expectations and customer satisfaction
- Assist with the effective resolution of queries/quality of advice. Regularly gather feedback from internal and external customers and proactively manage issue resolution in order to resolve escalated items.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate will have a high degree of problem solving skills and be highly proficient in Excel and Outlook.
- Qualified to Chartered Accountant, or equivalent, status
- Previous people management experience
- Preferred - studying for relevant accounting qualifications /part-qualified or equivalent 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, a high level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
The Salary & Benefits
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well known company who offer great benefits.
- Salary from £27,000 dependent on experience
To avoid missing out on this excellent role, please submit your CV today!